I lost another 2.3 pounds this week, for a total of 10.9 pounds!!!!
It’s a good thing too, because this is really not easy. Sure, it’s easy in concept “just drink these shakes, eat these bars, and lose weight!” What they don’t tell you is that EVERYTHING ELSE sounds so FREAKING AMAZING
What I wouldn’t give for an omelet. Or sushi. Or grilled chicken and steamed veggies.
I’m sure I could figure out a way to finagle my calories, carbs, fat, fiber, and vitamins to work out one non-shake meal. But really, I got into this to NOT plan, and NOT cook, and to let someone else do that part so I can deal with my own issues in my own head.
Things I’ve realized:
1. over half the time I think I’m hungry, I’m actually bored or thirsty.
Every single diet book, article, or counselor I’ve seen has told me that. I’ve never actually experienced it.
2. I still don’t like chewing gum.
It makes my jaw hurt, it only tastes good for a while, and really just makes me want something else to eat.
3. Too much fiber is not a good thing.
I’m not going into details.
4. It’s a much better idea for me to eat or drink whatever product it’s time for at the right time, and deal with the questions of “what are you eating?” than to skip a product.
5. I work with some truly amazing and supportive people, and for that, I’m truly grateful!